The Air Canada Pilots Association is the voice of flight safety in Canada’s airline industry. The Association actively pursues issues that will improve the operational and regulatory environment with the objective of improving passenger safety. Below are the Association’s key issues and its positions on each one.
The Air Canada Pilots Association recognises it has a responsibility to its membership to commit resources in the continual pursuit of enhanced flight safety. ACPA's greatest resource is in the expertise of its membership.
The mandate of the Technical and Safety Division is to mobilize that expertise to:
- provide the industry and regulators with the benefit of our in-depth and current operational experience;
- participate and support the aviation industry's activities in the field of flight safety;
- encourage the highest standards of professionalism and proficiency among all Flight Crew, and support Flight Crew Training designed to achieve and maintain that high standard;
- promote the introduction of technological, environmental, and physiological changes that enhance the standards of flight safety; and
- oppose the implementation of any programme or procedure which might degrade safety or efficiency on the Flight Deck, or which could compromise safety by imposing undesirable stress, tension or psychological insecurity amongst the flight crew.